SuccessHawk 101: How Do I Get Started?
Welcome to SuccessHawk. SuccessHawk helps you with all aspects of your job search. This guide is designed to help you dive into SuccessHawk's wealth of information and find what matters most to you.
First things first:
What is SuccessHawk?
SuccessHawk is a virtual career center with digital tools and resources to help you organize, manage and conduct a successful job search.
How will it help me?
SuccessHawk brings together in one place all the resources you need to organize and manage your job search whether you are just entering the workforce after college, looking for a new job, are out of work, or working while exploring different career options.
SuccessHawk delivers two unique job search tools that all job seekers need to manage all the information you want to save and schedule your time.
- The Contact Manager enables you to store all important information about each of your contacts in one place: their contact information, their connection to you, personal information, your interactions with them, their company information, job descriptions, etc. You can use the Contact Manager to store information about your networking contacts and jobs you are tracking.
- The Scheduler helps you stay on track with weekly to-do lists you can export to your Outlook or iCal calendars, iPad, iPhone and many other smartphones. SuccessHawk even sends you friendly email reminders of appointments and actions to take that will keep you moving toward achieving your goals.
No more struggling to remember where you filed an important piece of correspondence, a phone number or email address, or what you discussed with someone. Best of all, SuccessHawk is a free online service you can use to conduct your job search anywhere and anytime you have Internet access.
For more detailed information about conducting a successful job search, download a free copy of Secrets of a Successful Job Search.
To Join SuccessHawk
Membership is FREE. Register now.
3 Easy Steps to Using SuccessHawk:
- Sign in and click on Current Job Status located in the righthand menu bar of My Workspace, your single access point to all the resources you need in your job search. Completing the Current Job Status form personalizes SuccessHawk for you.
- Click on Goal Setting and complete the form. Having clear goals puts you in charge of your job search. Be specific and be realistic.
- Go to Contacts
- To add contacts, simply click Add New Contact and fill in as much information as you can. You may want to begin by completing Contact profiles of your friends and family.
- Be sure to complete the Reactions and Next Steps form.
- You can automatically import Outlook contacts, Apple Address Book contacts, LinkedIn contacts, or contacts from a variety of other locations. Just click Import Contacts and follow the directions.
- Notice that each contact's page contains Icebreakers designed to help you create a brief opening statement to use when telephoning a contact. You will find that Icebreakers change as your relationship with each contact develops.
- Each contact page also includes suggested Questions to Ask to help you keep a conversation going. As your relationship with a contact develops, you will find that Questions to Ask change to reflect your evolving relationship.
- Color-coding of your contacts helps you readily identify the status of each job search relationship you have.
Getting Ready to Start Your Job Search
It's best to begin your journey by determining just where you are with your job search today. Answer the following questions:
- What job are you looking for?
- Have you set goals for your job search?
- Do you have a "30 second elevator pitch?"
- Do you have a resume?
- Do you have a cover letter?
- Are you ready for interviews?
- Do you have a list of your references and their contact information?
If you need help with any of these critical job search elements, review the righthand menu bar on My Workspace for resources you need to help you get ready or click on a link below.